Vlizedlab Virtualization Laboratory
In this lab the user has the possibility to use and explore various software systems and operating systems in a standardized virtualization environment. In addition to various Linux-variations, several Windows-versions are available. For each project, a customized (virtual) PC can be set up and rolled out. So, customized IT-solutions can be realized anytime. And because these PCs are protected and shielded, students can administer everything without incurring any risks. The "VlizedLab" comprises only open source components and can be used at any educational institutions without incurring licensing fees. Also, the lab features various hardware components, which allow building, testing and assessing various computers.
This means the "Vlizedlab Virtualization Laboratory" is a unique environment to carry out exercises in:
- System administration
- programming, software development
- software installation and configuration
- installation and migration of various operating systems
- adaptation of hardware and software, RAIDS, hardware failures
- IT-security and server operation
- and others.